New and returning Registered Members will be required to have completed a 36 hour BC Building Code course as part of their admission to IDIBC. The course must be taken within a six year period prior to application for RID membership. A transcript is required as part of the admission process.
- BCIT: BLDC 1500: Part 9 single Family Dwellings
- BCIT: BLDG 1825: Part 9 Multi Unit and Small Buildings
- BCIT: BLDG 1830: Part 3 Introduction – Fire Protection, Occupant Safety and Accessibility
- BCIT: INTD 4360: Building Codes and Barrier Free for Interior Design
- Building Code Tutor (online program). Building Code Part 3: AIBC package of 23 modules. Click here for further info or to purchase.
Equivalencies will be considered by IDIBC, but it is the applicant’s responsibility to prove that the proposed course is equivalent to one of the courses above, and provide appropriate documentation.
Note: Building code courses are eligible for non-IDCEC approved HSW CEUs.