The IDIBC is a predominantly volunteer organization that relies on the support of its members to uphold its mission of advancing members in the profession while serving the public interest.
The IDIBC has many volunteer opportunities to offer members advancement at every stage of their careers. Hone your leadership, management skills and creativity by volunteering with the IDIBC.
- Expand your mind and share your passion for interior design with like-minded professionals.
- Be a mentor to talented, upcoming Intern and Student members.
- Seek mentorship from Registered Interior Designers and leaders in the IDIBC.
- Access educational opportunities.
- Grow your network and get exposed to the many sectors in the Design & Construction industry and career paths.
- Create job opportunities and become aware of potential hires!
2021-2023 CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
The IDIBC is seeking nominations for the Board of Directors and Committee Chairs for a 2-year period from June 2021 to May 2023. We are committed to promoting diverse representation from regions across BC!
BOARD OF DIRECTORS – Are you a leader in your sector?
Download the Board nominations form for criteria, Board member responsibilities and time commitment. If you would like to be considered for open Board positions, please complete the form and submit the requested documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, May 14.
COMMITTEE CHAIRS – Advance our profession by chairing a committee
Download the Committee nominations form for summaries of each committee, Chair criteria, general responsibilities and time commitment. The new committee structure features many of the existing committees, and new initiatives, such as Diversity & Inclusion and Climate Action & Innovation. If you would like to be considered for several Committee Chair positions, please complete the form and submit the requested documents to email@example.com by Friday, May 14.
Did you know?
Every 3-year cycle, member volunteers can report non-IDCEC approved CEUs for:
- Volunteering with the IDIBC – up to 12 CEUs (Category 600)
- Mentoring an Intern or Student member – up to 6 CEUs (Category 700)
- Volunteering to sign off on Intern hours – up to 6 CEUs (Category 800)