Mar 22 - Ply Architecture
Junior Interior Designer
Employment Type: Contract/Full Time
Ply Architecture is a Vancouver-based design studio engaging in projects across a variety of scales and project types including architecture, interiors, installations, lighting & furniture. A rigorous design process and a good dose of curiosity inform our projects creating thoughtful interior environments, architecture & experiences.
We are currently seeking a Junior Interior Designer to join our team. The successful candidate will assist with all aspects of a project including schematic design, design development, contract documents, tender documents and contract administration phases.
Candidate Skill Requirements:
• Education received from an accredited institution
• Commercial interiors experience
• Prepare contract documents (plans, elevations, sections, details & schedules) primarily in
• Ability to co-ordinate, undertake selection, specification & documentation of materials,
furniture, fixtures, & equipment etc
• Sample library coordination and communication with product representatives
• Knowledge of local building bylaws and building codes
• 2D and 3D development of design concepts, with emphasis on developing high quality
designs, renderings & graphic presentations
• Ability to work independently and know when to reach out for guidance & support
• Excellent communication, organizational & problem-solving skills with ability to manage
• Strong verbal & written English communication skills
• Computer skills in a variety of software applications including: AutoCAD, SketchUp & Layout,
Adobe Creative Suite
How to Apply:
Your submission will be reviewed carefully, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.