Mar 14 - BYU Design
BYU Design is Seeking a Junior Level Intermediate Interior Designer
BYU Design, an award winning firm specializing in multi-unit residential located in Vancouver BC, is seeking an intermediate interior designer to join our dynamic team. The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
• MINIMUM: Interior Design Degree +2 years full time experience, OR 2 year Interior Design
Diploma +3 years full time experience. Those with more experience will be considered.
• Experience in Multi-Unit & Residential Design an asset
• NCIDQ certified-or eligible to write exam
• Proficient in AutoCAD, MS Word, Excel, Publisher, SketchUp, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat.
• Highly-organized with clear written and verbal communication skills
• Enthusiastic & self-motivated team player
• Interest or demonstrated knowledge in LEED/sustainability
• Demonstrated knowledge of current city by-laws, & BC Building Code.
Key responsibilities include:
• Experience with programming, concept development, design development, contract
documentation, & contract administration
• Mentor and direct junior and support staff.
• Special emphasis on both conceptual and detailed construction drawings & specifications
• Contract administration including addendums, site instructions,& change orders
• Attend consultant and site meetings, prepare meeting minutes, and site review documents.
• Occasionally, compensated overtime may be required
• Sound knowledge of interior construction detailing
Application deadline is May 1, 2017 –we will hire immediately the right candidate!